According to Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is considered to be one of the best natural remedies for the respiratory tract as it is rich in different types of medicinal properties. Indians are known for using it on a daily basis, especially for the preparation of a tea that is used as a natural cure for common colds and the flu. They are also known for adding soaked matchsticks of ginger in lemon juice and salt to various meals.
The Best Benefits of Ginger
- Betters the digestion and maintains the gut healthy
- It will stimulate the appetite and activate the production of digestive juices when eaten prior to meals
- It alleviates abdominal ache and cramps
- It lowers flatulence
- It prevents nausea
- It strengthens the absorption of nutrients
- Reduces joint and muscle ache
- Clears the sinuses
- When chewed, it lowers nausea common after operations
- It has aphrodisiac characteristics
- Unclogs the throat and nose
How to Use Ginger
- To prepare the tea, grate some ginger root and add it in boiling water. Leave it to steep for a bit and then strain it into a cup. Enjoy!
- You can add grated ginger to desserts to enhance the flavor and supply it with healthy benefits.
- Prepare nutritious basmati rice with ginger, green chili peppers, chopped garlic, and fresh cilantro.