A low-carb diet is a type of diet low in carbohydrates like those present in bread, pasta, and sugary foods. However, this type of diet is rich in healthy fats, veggies, and protein.
Fortunately, there are various different types of low-carb diets. Moreover, many studies have confirmed that following a low-carb diet can lead to weight loss as well as improve your overall health.
In addition, the foods presented below are low in carbs. Specifically, the foods presented in the list of vegetables possess between 0-1g net carb per serving. Furthermore, you should eat organic and unprocessed seafood and meats because in case you process some foods, such as ham, bacon, burgers, jerky, etc., you may increase their amount of carbohydrates.
Also, it is a good idea to check the labels on any food you purchase!
- Organ meats
- Pork rinds (It is actually an exception to the processed rule.)
- Almost all types of cheese
- Heavy cream (It is also low in carbs.)
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Corn oil
- Peanut oil
- Safflower oil
- Sunflower oil
Most of the Veggies Possess between 0-1g Net Carb Per Serving:
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Most of vegetables of the Chicory family, including radicchio, escarole, endive, etc.
- Most of the leafy green veggies, such as spinach, kale, lettuce, Swiss chard, arugula, Bok Choy, turnip greens, etc.
- Vinegar (It is advisable to avoid using balsamic.)
- Mustard (You should not use any honey variety.)
- Various types of hot sauce
- Regular mayonnaise (Make sure you eat full fat mayonnaise.)
- Herbal tea
- Tea (You should not add sugar, honey or any other sweetener.)
- Drink mix powders such as Crystal Light
- Coffee (Avoid adding sugar or milk.)
- It is recommended to consume foods that are only from animal origin such as dairy, meat, and eggs since they are carb-free.
- Make sure you consume dairy, meat, and eggs until you’re full in order to prevent any other food cravings.
- You should consume enough fat as it can keep you full longer and boost your energy levels.
- Eliminate any sugary foods and beverages from your diet. In this way, you can also reduce your sugar cravings.
- Have a low-carb meal whenever you feel hungry and avoid counting calories.
- You should consume water instead of juices. As mentioned previously, unsweetened coffee, Seltzer waters, and unsweetened tea are in the group of zero-carb beverages. For optimal results, make sure you choose the low-carb beverage that works the best for you. But, keep in mind that water should be your primary beverage. Therefore, consider drinking a lot of water throughout the day.
Source: Daily Health Keeper
- Volek, Jeff; Phinney, Stephen. “The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living“;
- Barnaby, Karen. ”The Low-Carb Gourmet”;